A baby’s dress

I decided earlier this year that I needed to do some knitting without the pressure to finish it by a particular date. I bought some lemon baby DK acrylic yarn. Then I looked through my patterns. I realised I needed another 100 gram ball. The dye lot I had originally purchased had all gone, but I think it would be difficult to spot where I changed from one batch to the next.

The pattern, which had grabbed my attention, was the one I wrote about in a previous post – Peter Gregory designs for knitting 685.

I finished the coat I mentioned there and sent it to its intended recipient without blogging about it. Here is a photo of it.

Baby's coat in white

Baby’s coat in white

This time I decided to knit the whole set – coat, dress, bonnet and bootees. No-one was lined up to receive it. I thought I would do it for charity. That is still my intention. It is complete apart from the ribbon for the bootees, which I have not yet managed to purchase from a real (as opposed to on-line) shop. I have an idea how to use it as a charity project without adding any more to its carbon footprint. An acquaintance is expecting a granddaughter. If she would like to purchase it with the money going to a church hall restoration project, that would be ideal. I shall keep it until the baby has arrived and then see what she thinks.

I am posting a picture of the dress, which fastens at the back with press-studs (snap fasteners). The yarn I substituted this time is Baby Care DK by Woolcraft.

Baby's dress in lemon

Baby’s dress in lemon

Advertisements

One thought on “A baby’s dress

Comments welcome

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s